Main Guidelines for applications:
1. Publications are expected in the Journal of the European Ceramic Society or in Open Ceramics as appropriate.
2. Applicants must have been either members of a ceramic society affiliated to ECerS or direct members of ECerS for at least 12 months, if the applicant is a student or young researcher, he/she has to be member but the 12 months rule is not an obligation. The Supervisor of the applicant – if applicable - must have been either member of a ceramic society affiliated to ECerS or individual member of ECerS for at least 12 months
3. The Trust does not accept proposals from individuals seeking support for attending conferences;
4. The use of the JECS Trust money must be clearly identified in the application;
5. The JECS Trust money cannot be used to cover registration fees and/or meals, dinners, drinks, etc.
6. When travel expenses are allowed to Students/young researchers participating to an event sponsored by the JECS Trust, the amounts agreed by the JECS Trust are as follow:
- 500 € maximum for travel and accommodation for international participants
- 150 € maximum for travel and accommodation for local participants
7. JECS Trust can provide promotional items on demand - so no fund will be allowed for the following items:
- USB sticks
- Lanyards and badges
8. For conferences, workshops, etc., one representative of the JECS Trust board could attend the event for free to promote the JECS Trust and to check that the JECS Trust is well advertised (folders, logo on documents, etc.).
9. Any contest support by the JECS Trust must be called “JECS Trust contest” and the prizes received “JECS Trust prizes”.
10. The arrangements for any publication arising from the activity must be approved in advance by the Journal of the European Ceramic Society or Open Ceramics, which have the first option to publish such papers;
11. Applicants wishing to receive financial support from the JECS Trust should submit their bids electronically to the JECS Trust secretariat;
12. Decisions on awards are taken by the Board of the JECS Trust;
13. Applicants must either be a member of a non-profit organisation (i.e. university, lab, etc.), an individual (i.e. not a commercial company) or the ECerS PEC.